Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Tundra
A downloadable guide
You're walking through the forest... There are trees... Oaks, pines... Some shrubs...Uhh...
So, what's growing over there, GM?
What is Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery?
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your mind just goes blank while looking for a description of the landscape? Did your players go for days through an almost-sterile jungle because you kinda forgot how's that bloody plant called? Fret not, Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery got your back.
A brand new format!
We've upgraded! Now, instead of 12 pages, you're getting a proper 20!
As previously, the issue introduces a new biome, its signature plants, and a handy list of descriptors for all of the senses - now your player characters can not only 'see' but also 'hear', 'smell', 'taste', and 'feel' the world around them. Devised as a quick reference during the game, each PDF covers one specific type of terrain.
Each of the ten plant cards include:
- a botanical illustration,
- a read-aloud description of the 'Perception test' variety,
- additional lore to share with characters who are knowledgeable about nature - or just wanting to check out the plants from up close,
- enough inspiration to send your mind racing and spin it all into a memorable experience for the party.
But wait, there's more!
We've added more material to make the Globetrotter's Guides even better for you!
- a description of the biome written with a fully-immersive experience in mind - perfect to just hand to the players as an in-game guide!
- an analysis of the climate, the soil, and the anatomy of the biome, full of ideas for the game and worldbuilding prompts!
- an introduction to the animal life - all the most interesting animals you can encounter!
- a list of environmental threats and challenges!
- a collection of events, views, and encounters that will make your game better!
What's growing in the Tundra?
Mostly plants that can survive the constant onslaught of wind, snow, and ice. Think dwarf trees, mosses, lichens, cushion plants... Then pick up this guide and spin this vague advice into a full-blown exploring adventure for your players or readers. There's no need for the arctic wasteland to be barren - you can do much better!
Take up the challenge and upgrade your world-building game with Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery. Your setting, your campaigns, and your players will all be happy you did!
This PDF has been optimized for the screen-reader accessibility to the best of our abilities. It includes tags, set reading order, and alternative text for the images. It is also fully bookmarked. If there's anything else we can do to make the experience better, let us know.
Looking for more fantastic stuff to happen in tundra? Maybe planning a trip to Icewind Dale later this year? Check out Wayfarer's Deck: The Frozen Wilds: 50 eerie encounters, mysteries, and puzzles in the arctic wasteland.
Looking to put even more plants in your game your book? Check out Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Freshwater Marshes: the same pretty thingie you got here, only completely different :)
In order to download this guide you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this guide at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Community Copy Donation
Purchase at or above the recommended price of the guide to make a copy of Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Tundra available for free to somebody else in need.
You will also receive a copy of the guide.
For those who are experiencing poverty or marginalized access to the game community, select this to claim a free Community Copy of Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Tundra that was purchased by another.
- Now bigger and better! Extra 8 pages of contentJan 28, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.