Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Freshwater Marshes is literally the perfect flora guide to go with my Pipedream RPG. When you're foraging for edible plants in the marshes around Irisfields so that you can serve up a supper ritual to enchant the hardest hearts, you'll be glad for this supplement.
Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Freshwater Marshes
A downloadable guide
You're walking through the forest... There are trees... Oaks, pines... Some shrubs...Uhh...
So, what's growing over there, GM?
What is Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery?
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your mind just goes blank while looking for a description of the landscape? Did your players go for days through an almost-sterile jungle because you kinda forgot how's that bloody plant called? Fret not, Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery got your back.
A brand new format!
We've upgraded! Now, instead of 12 pages, you're getting a proper 20!
As previously, the issue introduces a new biome, its signature plants, and a handy list of descriptors for all of the senses - now your player characters can not only 'see' but also 'hear', 'smell', 'taste', and 'feel' the world around them. Devised as a quick reference during the game, each PDF covers one specific type of terrain.
Each of the ten plant cards include:
- a botanical illustration,
- a read-aloud description of the 'Perception test' variety,
- additional lore to share with characters who are knowledgeable about nature - or just wanting to check out the plants from up close,
- enough inspiration to send your mind racing and spin it all into a memorable experience for the party.
But wait, there's more!
We've added more material to make the Globetrotter's Guides even better for you!
- a description of the biome written with a fully-immersive experience in mind - perfect to just hand to the players as an in-game guide!
- an analysis of the climate, the soil, and the anatomy of the biome, full of ideas for the game and worldbuilding prompts!
- an introduction to the animal life - all the most interesting animals you can encounter!
- a list of environmental threats and challenges!
- a collection of events, views, and encounters that will make your game better!
What's growing on the Freshwater Marshes?
More than you'd expect - it's a great place for the characters to explore. Teeming with plant and animal life, full of suspicious sounds, with surprisingly placed shallows and depths, freshwater marshes are an underutilized landscape in tabletop role-playing games. But, you know, they don't have to be!
Take up the challenge and upgrade your world-building game with Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery. Your setting, your campaigns, and your players will all be happy you did!
This PDF has been optimized for the screen-reader accessibility to the best of our abilities. It includes tags, set reading order, and alternative text for the images. It is also fully bookmarked. If there's anything else we can do to make the experience better, let us know.
In order to download this guide you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this guide at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Community Copy Donation
Purchase at or above the recommended price of the guide to make a copy of Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Freshwater Marshes available for free to somebody else in need.
You will also receive a copy of the guide.
For those who are experiencing poverty or marginalized access to the game community, select this to claim a free Community Copy of Globetrotter's Guide to Greenery: Freshwater Marshes that was purchased by another.
- Now bigger and better! Extra 8 pages of contentJan 28, 2021
- Added: screen-reader optimized PDF and community copiesJul 13, 2020